Friday, February 22, 2013

Fishwife Racing Stripe

Hello! I didn't think I'd be back so soon, but it turns out that I have nothing going on this Friday night and I thought I'd share my manicure with y'all. I painted these last night and thought they were quite flashy. They would be much prettier in the sun but unfortunately we haven't had much of that lately. The weather has been complete crap. 

On with the mani:
I started out with two coats of Fishwife by Butter London. I purchased this color along with a couple others back in September and had never gotten around to swatching it. It is a holographic bluish/green and very pretty! It's not a very heavy holographic, or at least it looks that way to me because I haven't seen them in the sunlight. The formula is wonderful! It's not too runny and it doesn't glob up. There are not streaks to be had, either! I forgot to take pictures of just Fishwife before I started adding to it, so here is the only picture I have where you can see Fishwife by itself. 


I felt that I would get bored with just Fishwife so I decided to go with a nice little racing stripe right down the middle of my nail in Turned Up Turquoise by China Glaze.  I was trying to pick a color that I felt would compliment Fishwife and TUT was the only color I had here at college with me that did the job. Turned Up Turquoise is a neon so it dried really quick and was also matte finish. I did two coats per stripe.  

As if that wasn't enough, I bordered the turquoise stripe with silver glitter stripes. To me, this took away from Fishwife all together, but it was too late to undo anything. Now my nails are just really loud and obnoxious. Haha. Pictures shall we?




Side view (trying to capture the little bit of Fishwife that is left to be seen)

So as y'all can tell from the pictures, Fishwife and the silver glitter stripes just pretty much blend into each other.  All in all this manicure was super simple! After I finished it made me wonder why I don't do this kind of simple design more often. Again, I apologize for not having any pictures of this in the natural light!

So..what do y'all think? Would you guys rock this or is too loud for your liking? Would you have chosen another color for the 'racing stripe'? 

XOXO,
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate the time everyone takes to comment on my posts! I love reading them too :)