I'm very flattered to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Elizabeth over at Not Too Polished. This award is for bloggers with less than 200 followers. This is a great way to (hopefully) be able to expand your blogging horizons and gain some recognition.
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the "tagger" has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask the bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. No tag backs.
My 11 Things
1. My favorite food is Crawfish Corn Soup. YUM!
2. I actually love to accessorize, so I love all accessories-not just the nail polish accessory!
3. I have two brothers and a sweet yellow lab.
4. All eighteen years of my existence, I have lived in Southern Louisiana.
5. I love it here, but wouldn't mind moving away one day. Preferably to Tennessee-or any place with cooler weather. Which is pretty much EVERY other state. Haha. Just kidding.
6. I have lots and lots of first cousins and even more extended family. Whom I love.
7. My favorite movie is Fly Away Home.
8. I graduated high school in May and college starts next week!!
9. I slacked off blogging for a while because I had gotten too busy, but I'm so glad I got back to it! I love sharing my collection with y'all and also love to see everyone's brilliant ideas! You guys never cease to amaze me!
10. OPI is the brand that I own the most of.
11. I've had psoriasis since 1st grade.
Not Too Polished's Questions for Me
1. What is your favorite color combination and/or graphic pattern?
-I don't really have a favorite color combo. I generally just like anything bright. But my favorite 'pattern' per say is just polka dots!
2. What is your biggest, guiltiest pleasure?
-It's hard to admit, but I LOVE The Sims 2. I could play for hours. I don't know why I like it so much, because it's not like I play any other type of video games. Just The Sims 2.
3. If you could be any mythical creature, what would it be and why?
-I actually had to google a list of mythical creatures to be able to answer this because I'm not really into this kind of stuff. But I saw Medusa on the list! And my mom used to call me that when I was having wild hair days. Haha. But turning men into stone with just a gaze doesn't sound half bad. Haha.
4. What (or who!) got you into blogging?
-Well, I got into such a habit of googling polishes before I bought them, and I would click on all of these links that took me to such awesome blogs with such good inspiration. I would get caught up just clicking 'older posts' because I loved reading people's feedback. And I thought to myself "I could do this." And here I am today :) The one blog in particular that I remember going back to time after time was Lovely In Lacquer. Abby really knows her stuff! I loved reading her reviews and looking at her pictures. I couldn't answer this question without giving her some credit for my start in the world of blogging.
5. Do you have any huge "geek" franchises? (As in: my top 5 from the 11 things about me.)
-Nope, I don't think so!
6. What are your fave indie/mainstream polish brands?
-I love OPI and China Glaze. OPI's brush is really what puts it at the top of the list.
7. What is your favorite candy?
-I love chocolate covered cookie dough. Which is really, really horrible for you and I would not suggest it because you'll get addicted!
8. What is your favorite type of polish? (ex. crackle, magnetic, holo, matte glitter, etc.)
-Holo is always gorgeous. I would say glitter except it is such a PITA to remove. Hehe. I am SO over the crackle. And I haven't tried magnetic yet.
9. Where is your "happy place"? Either physical or mental.
-My happy place would be physical. And that is physically anywhere where my family is. I'm very family oriented and I don't know what I would do without all of relatives!
10. Which holiday do you most look forward to, and why?
-Christmas! And no..it's not because of the presents! Which by the way triggered something I want to say-once I started working and making my own money, I seriously LOVE giving gifts. When I was little I couldn't relate. It was all about get, get, get. But now some of my favorite times are watching my relatives open what I got them. But the main reason I love Christmas is because it normally invovles big family get-togethers, cold weather, hot chocolate, good food, Christmas lights, and everything else that is merry :)
11. What other hobbies do you have, other than polish?
-Online shopping(terrible habit), cooking, playing with my dog, listening to music, reading, and collecting anything with an owl printed on it. I've also come to like exercising. And by no means am I saying I love to workout, or I do it all the time or anything (even though I should). It's more like this: It takes me a while to decide whether or not I even want to exercise that particular day. Then I have to decide what time of day. Next, re-question myself on whether I really feel like exercising. Generally, the answer is no, I don't FEEL like exercising but I HAVE to make myself do it. Then I have to read some inspiring workout quotes off of Pinterest. Next I get in my workout gear, including my iPhone music playlist, headphones, and water bottle. And THEN I start exercising. It's not until it's all said and done with that I'm like "Hmm..that wasn't that bad after all. I feel much better about myself now." Sorry about that rant!!
My Questions to Y'all
1. What is your favorite polish in the whole world?
2. What is your favorite piece of advice someone has ever given you/you have given someone?
3. What is your favorite reality TV show?
4. Who inspires you? It can be anybody, not just someone famous.
5. If you could create your own polish line, what would it be called?
6. What is your favorite food?
7. Why did you start blogging?
8. Where do you buy the majority of your nail polish?
9. How many bottles of polish in your collection?
10. Have you ever been to New Orleans or would you consider touring?
11. Do you prefer long nails or short nails? Fake or real?
If you guys are reading this right now, then I sincerely THANK YOU for sticking with this long post! Thanks for being so interested in what I have to say :) Now, onto who I've chosen. I'm going to omit step #5 in the directions up top. I'm not going to notify the people I choose. Some of them follow me but some do not. All I'm asking is that YOU check their pages out! And follow them too :)
Here you are, in no particular order:
9. Bandie Cat
And I am going to include just one more! A bonus :) Haha. One of my favorite bloggers, Olivia from Livy Lu Lu. She has 201 followers-that's two over the amount you're supposed to have to be nominated for this award. But I'll cut her some slack. Haha.
Anyways, if by now you're STILL with me, you're the BEST! This literally took me forever to do but I enjoyed every minute of it. I'm really happy to be able to put these blogs "out there" so they can start gaining some well-deserved recognition. I am still surprised when I log on and see that I have gained a follower here and a follower there. It really means a lot. We all know how much effort is put into these blogs, so go check these 'newbies' out!
P.S. I apologize if there are any spelling or grammar errors. I am failing to go back and re-read everything! Forgive me!