Sunday, September 11, 2011

Boris and Natasha Are Living A Teenage Dream!

Sorry I've been MIA for several days! I had a few days off of work so I've been focused on other things. Such as studying, shopping, and Katy Perry! But these days off have allowed me to take lots of pictures to show y'all.

First off-I went shopping on Wednesday! Me and my mom went to the mall, to only go into Forever 21.  I just wanted to look for some clothes, and maybe something for the Katy Perry concert on Thursday. Well I found several cute things. I think I ended up with 3 tops and 1 'jacket'. If it is even considered a jacket--it's made of lace. So it definitely isn't keeping anyone warm. But it's soo darn cute! And I ended up wearing it to the KP concert. But before I checked out I told my mom that I MUST go to the front of the store and check out the polishes. To my surprise I saw a whole stand up container thing filled with polish. Each bin had the different colors in them. I had never seen it before! Normally their polish is just mixed in by the other beauty items. So! I found four of the other glitter polishes I was just going to order online. And of course the names on the back of the bottle differ from the ones online. I'll use the online names in case anyone wants to order them! Please excuse the background of these pictures-the photoshoot took place on my dad's boat. haha. There was good lighting!


From left to right: Black Knight, Sparkling Confetti, Gold Dust, Shimmering Green

Same order

The point of this picture is to show y'all that Black Knight isn't just black polish. It's black glitter and when I swatched it, it is gorgeous! I can't wait to wear it over plain black-or to spice up another color!
 Wait! Something I forgot to mention at the beginning of this post was that my friend's mom, who I may have talked about before, does nails. And she is the sweetest! She gives me polish occasionally, and I recieved some this week! She gave me six OPI's. Want to see them? I know you do!

From left to right: Here Today Aragon Tomorrow, Ate Berries in the Canaries, Suzi Loves Cowboys, Y'all Come Back Ya Hear?, Monsooner or Later, and an unnamed polish. Help!
Opposite order

This is the unnamed polish! Anyone have any ideas? It is a sheer light silvery purpleish polish. The front of the bottle is a little different compared to those of the others. I think it may be the older design?

Sunlight picture of the unknown!

Also, it has this number 28 on the bottom of the bottle. Under where I guess the name sticker would be? I don't know if this number has anything to do with anything. Just a thought?
 Now, on to the next exciting part of my week! Katy Perry! I'll just quickly say that the concert was amazing and Katy Perry is one of the best performers I've ever seen! This is how I did my nails for her concert: OPI's Boris and Natasha as a base, and OPI's Teenage Dream as a top coat. It was a shot in the dark, but I ended up loving the combination!


Inside, natural light

Outside, shade


Up close and personal-so pretty!

Outside, sunlight
And this is me for the Katy Perry concert:


That's my new jacket :)

Yay for pretty nails and New Orleans Famous Daiquiris!
I don't have any pictures from inside of the concert because I didn't bring my camera in. But just use your imagination!

You know what I just noticed during this post? I use exclamation marks a lot! <----see? I never realized it. Sorry y'all-just ignore them. Haha.

So what do y'all think of everything? The Forever 21 polishes? The new OPI's? Any guesses on what that mystery OPI is? I really need to know for my swatching binder! Lol. Let me know!

XOXO

11 comments:

  1. Great polishes! I'm actually wearing Here Today Aragon Tomorrow. I have no idea what that un-named polish is, but it is pretty! I hope you can figure out the name of it.
    I love your outfit for the Katy Perry concert, so cute! And your nails for the concert look amazing! I love how they turned out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to wear that one! And thaank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That kind of looks like opi amazing lazing lilac. Can't be sure though!

    Teenage dream was a no brainer to wear, eh? ;) & I like your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super nice polishes and I totally love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. first of all. i'm only slightly jealous that you have a friends mom who gives you OPI! and only slightly more jealous that she gave you suzi loves cowboys! I've been lemming for that for awhileeee!!

    and love your mani for the concert! AND your hair... what i'd give to have long hair like that, haha. (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You got a lot of great things! Love the jacket and the polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just ordered a ton of Forever 21's polishes! I can't wait to get them in :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Veronica-It may be! I'm still searching! And yes! Teenage Dream was a no brainer! Thanks!

    @Sandra-Thank you!!

    @Desiree-Haha! I was excited too, because I'd been wanting Suzi Loves Cowboys! Thanks! It has finally gotten back to the length it was before I cut it my freshman year of high school!

    @Hayley-Thanks!

    @imfeelingnail-venturous-Thanks! I'm excited to wear them all!

    @Peace, Love and Polish-I can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate the time everyone takes to comment on my posts! I love reading them too :)