Friday, September 2, 2011

Packages, Polish, and Tropical Storm Lee!

Hey my loves! Let me start of by describing what I look like right now. It's pretty pitiful. I am sitting here in front of my computer with my pink furry slippers and peace sign snuggie on. I have a flashlight here in front of me in case the power goes out. And I am repetitively listening to Sail by AWOLNATION, which Olivia from Livy Lu Lu got me hooked on!  I was planning on going to our school's biggest rival game tonight, which is where my parents are, watching my brother play. However, I just couldn't bring myself to do it because I know I would be miserable sitting in the rain.  And everytime I thought to myself "Maybe i'll go..", I pictured the Jason Aldean concert I went to when I got soaking wet and the concert got cancelled. For those of you who don't know, all of this rain we are having is because we're getting 'hammered' by Tropical Storm Lee. This storm decided to brew in the Gulf of Mexico for the past two days and come our way. The weather guy keeps saying that it will rain all weekend long (yes, ruining our three day weekend), and we could see up to twenty inches of rain. Blaah.

Now on a more exciting note...I got two packages yesterday! Yaay! The American Eagle package was on my front door step when I got home from school. And then I waited around all day for the other package from my aunt in Tennessee to come, and I was getting depressed because it was almost 7 pm and it still wasn't here. So I figured I wouldn't be getting it. BUT low and behold, the doorbell rang at 7pm sharp and it had arrived! I was thrilled! Here's a picture of the two packages combined:



The jeans and fringe purse are from AE and the boots and polishes are from my aunt.

Aren't they sooo cute! I can't wait to wear them!

The polishes that were in my Tennessee package. All from amazon.com (no flash)

With flash. I guess y'all would like some names, huh?
From left to right DS Coronation, Extra-va-vaganza, Simply Smash-ing, Shootout at the O.K. Coral, and DS Reserve.
 And of course, I couldn't get all of this new stuff in and not put one on my nails! I chose DS Coronation because I am just amazed by it. This is two coats. Sorry that I have no sun pictures-due to the downpour!


DS Coronation



Honestly, I could not stop staring at my nails today. They were distracting me from my school work. Last night when I put it on, I kept flashing my nails in my brothers' faces. I was like "LOOK HOW PRETTY?! ISN'T IT PRETTY!". I am sad to report that they just didn't understand why I was so fascinated. Come on! Just look! They're amazing! Haha.

Because i've been pre-occupied while typing this post, it has taken me almost an hour. Haha! But since i've started typing this, my parents have called to say they're on their way home, the game was cancelled. And our parish president has called our house phone to say that he has issued a state of emergency, but that we are prepared for the weather. Good to know!

Now i'm going curl up on the coach and watch some recordings!

XOXO

7 comments:

  1. SAIL! Amazing. Glad I could get you hooked! I could seriously listen to it alllllll dayyyy longggg. haha!
    The boots! SO cute! I need some! Like now!
    And all the polishes are so pretty! I love Coronation! I would seriously be staring at my nails all the time. Oh and the bag from AE is so cute!
    I hope the rain stops soon & y'all don't have any more problems! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute. I am also a huge fan of that song... I rarely like songs on first listen but I caught the last 20 seconds of that one on the radio or something and instantly loved it and went home and downloaded it, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I think i've got one of my brothers hooked on SAIL now too.

    @Olivia C.-I LOVE the boots! They're very comfortable too. Coronation is my first real holo polish and yes, I WAS staring at my nails the whole time. Thanks!

    @Mel,Glassflecked-I know! It was very weird. I instantly loved it when I heard it too! That's why I had to ask Olivia what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love your boots and the nail polish looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Love that OPI polish you have swatched. Cute boots. I hope it doesn't rain too much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks y'all! And imfeelingnail-venturous, it hasn't stopped raining! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that song!! Listened to it soo many times today lol!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate the time everyone takes to comment on my posts! I love reading them too :)