Sunday, July 10, 2011

Newspaper Nails-Attempt #1

Sorry for the late post! I'm behind because my mom thought she lost her purse today-which had my camera in it-so I wasn't able to upload the pictures of my nails until just now. Luckily, she found her purse!! Although I was kind of looking forward to getting a new camera out of it ;)

Anyways!! This was my first time attempting newspaper nails, and they didn't come out tooo bad. However, the top coat smeared the ink which kind of ruins the point. I started with two coats of Star Dune by Aldo. And I realize that most people do newspaper nails with a grey base but I don't have any really light grey colors. Plus the whole newspaper part was an after thought. I was originally just wanting a nude mani-and Star Dune is my favorite nude color! After I did the two coats of that, I cut little pieces that were about the size of my nails from the newspaper. Then, I poured some alcohol into the cap from the alcohol bottle. I placed a piece of newspaper onto one nail at a time and dabbed a finger from the opposite hand into the alcohol then pressed and held it onto the newspaper nail. This seemed to work better than submerging the whole piece of newspaper into alcohol and trying to get the words to come off on my nails. Sorry I don't have pictures of all the steps!




Star Dune from Aldo
 

See how the ink is smeared? :(
 

They're all smeared. But look at my ring finger! It was a little man! Haha.
  So that's all for tonight! Any suggestions on how to NOT smear the ink? Also, has anyone tried the polish from Aldo? I have 4 of them. Love 'em!

XOXO

4 comments:

  1. I've never done this, but it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! If you just type into google images 'newspaper nails' there are buku ones cuter than these. Haha. But I WILL try them again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! You did wonderful! I saw this the other day on the web through random nail design searches and I have been wanting to try it. I am glad it went well for you. Thanks for sharing this! I love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate the time everyone takes to comment on my posts! I love reading them too :)