Sunday, July 24, 2011

Steady As She Rose + Small New Storage

Today, I have a swatch of Steady As She Rose from OPI's Pirates of the Caribbean Collection. I've been wanting to try this since I bought it! It's a really great greyish lavender. In some lighting if you just glance at them they almost look white. But I love it. I'd call it a neutral because it can be worn with anything. It took three coats for me to get it to how I like it. The first coat was very streaky with lots of bald spots. And some people may be able to get away with two. But I did three just for good measure :) Right now I have it on my fingers and toes!


The three polishes I used. I always start with my Natural Nail Base Coat by OPI. And most of the time I end with a top coat given to me by the person who always does my nails at the salon. She sold this to me one day and told me that I can bring it back and get it refilled whenever I needed. I don't think this is even the right bottle for it. Because the bottle says 'white pearl'. So she must've just had an empty bottle that she filled with top coat. Anyways-I love it! It's very shiny and has a quick dry time. And as you can see i'll need a refill soon!

One coat

Two coats

Three coats

Name shot

So I ran to the Dollar General yesterday to pick up some snacks and I ran down the aisle of what I suppose is college dorm stuff. And as I was looking at all of the bins and storage containers I kept thinking ''What could I use this for..". So of course I picked up one little hard plastic rectangular basket. They had them in pink, green, and purple I believe and they were only one dollar. I bought it but didn't know what I would use it for exactly, but I knew something polish related. Well, once I got home-it hit me! I could use it for my polishes that have runneth over the polish wall rack! And guess what? They fit perfectly! So now I don't have to take down the big bin off my shelf, and remove a lid and all of that. They are neatly standing up in the little basket and are seated right under my rack. It's great because the sides of the little container are just the right height to keep all of the bottles standing up and neat.





See them? Right under the bottom left corner or the wall rack.

So! I will definitely be running back to the DG to pick up a few more of those. They are only a dollar so it's a steal! And Lord knows i'll need some more until I get another wall rack. Especially since i'll be making a haul in August at the Cosmetic Market!

What do y'all think of Steady As She Rose? Is it a wear-anytime color? What about those little storage baskets?

XOXO

4 comments:

  1. Love Steady as She Rose! And it's very pretty on you! The storage bins were a great idea! And they're pink- even better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steady as She Rose is much more pink on me. I love it. It's a great color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @thenailaholic-really? it leaned toward lavender on me! strange! but yess, i love it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate the time everyone takes to comment on my posts! I love reading them too :)