Monday, July 25, 2011

THEY'RE GRRREAT!

Hey there! Does the title of my post remind you of anything? Tony the Tiger maybe? Haha. I've been having this idea in my head for a while but never had the black striping polish. Well, I bought the black striping polish when I went to the Dollar General the other day along with the little plastic basket. So voila! Tony the Tiger inspired nails!

I started with a base of Wet N Wild's Sunny Side Up. It is a bright creme orange. I got great coverage with just two coats.



This picture makes the polish look like it has a real yellow tint. But I promise it doesn't!

Name shot
I then added five black 'stripes' to my accent finger. This wasn't really high up on the difficulty scale. I just placed the brush at the side of my nail and swiped it over and up towards the middle of my fingernail.


I used L.A. Colors Art Deco in black

I then came back with Stripe Rite in orange glitter and used the same method to but 'stripes' above the black stripes.




Ta-da!
So. All in all I think it came out good. It was exactly what I was envisioning in my head. Simple but cute. Oh! I'll be out of town for a few days so I might not have another post until Saturday-ish? Please excuse my absence! I'll probably still have access to a computer to comment on y'alls posts but I won't be posting anything. Sorry! :(

XOXO 

6 comments:

I appreciate the time everyone takes to comment on my posts! I love reading them too :)